Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Pandan Chiffon Cupcakes


Been wanting to bake cupcakes for the kids' lunchboxes so has been trying and bookmarking a few recipes. Another few on the 'to-do-list' are those quiches/egg-like cuppies for breakfast. Those need coaching to my helper on how to bake them and I need a trial run on how well they keep as well. So let's see how it goes next week or later this week during the school holiday!

Today I did this Pandan Chiffon Cupcakes. Viola~ I love it, as well as my 15month old. Couldnt stop eating and got angry when I walked away with it. And I also went to get the Honey Cheesecake from Swee Heng after seeing the intro video. 

Tastewise, better than Breadtalk's Honey something cake. And its worth the $3.80 in my view. I can cut into 8 small slices which is just nice for a small bite after a meal. Do go ahead and try. And this cake inspire me on some more other cheese sponge too...

Back to my chiffon, its light and i think sweetness can reduce slightly. I used pandan paste, fresh milk to replace. Lovely chiffon cupcakes as I think it didnt really collaspe much and no cracks even tho I forgot to add the baking powder. 
Really soft and spongy!



I fill then up to this height! When cooled, it collaspe slightly below the cupcake case rim. 


Pandan Chiffon Cupcakes (adapted n modified from The Dream Baker)
3 Whites
35g Sugar
2 Yolks
30g Sugar
25ml Oil
1tsp Pandan Paste
65ml Milk
70g Cake Flour
1tsp Baking Powder (i forgot to put my baking powder)
1tsp Salt

1) Beat Whites and sugar til soft peaks.
2) Mix Sugar and yolks well. Add remaining wet ingredients and mix well. 
3) Add sift dry ingredients and mix til no lumps
4) Add 1/2 meringue to the mixture, then pour mixture into balance meringue and fold well
5) Pour batter into cupcake case, fill up 80%
6) Bake at 170deg for 30-45mins til top browned nicely

No comments: