Monday, August 28, 2017

Chocolate Bluberries Muffins


Lately really got into the mood of rekindling my baking sparks. Maybe I couldnt do as much the big kids' lunchboxes so I wanna replace with some home-baked treats for them to bring to school. 

I bookmarked this simple and straightforward recipes and decided to add some cocoa powder, using only blueberries and chocolate chips for them. It took me like 15mins max to put them together and then another 30mins or so to bake them. All this done while 'eye-powering' my little toddler running to and forth in the background. 

Using only 2 bowls, all is done with minimum washing. I like the simple method and time-saving too. And usually I do my baking in the mornings or before the 2 older kids are home. Oh, afternoons are kept busy for them. Supervising daily homeworks, spellings or tests if there is.

Try this recipe. With the addition of cocoa powder and the tangy blueberries, its doesnt feel so sinful to eat. It goes well for the kids' lunchboxes next day too.

Chocolate Blueberries Muffins (modified slightly from DreamersLoft)
220g Cake Flour
30g Cocoa powder
120g Brown sugar
1.5tsp baking powder
1/2tsp salt
60g Butter, melted
250ml milk
1 egg

Handful of blueberries & chocolate chips

1) Put all dry ingredients together and mix them. Add some to blueberries and coat them.
2) Melt butter and cool. Add remaining wet ingredients and mix well.
3) Make a hole in middle of dry ingredients and pour all the wet ingredients in. Mix well but dont over mix. 
4) Add chocolate chips and blueberries and slightly stir in
5) Fill in cupcake liners and bake 170deg for 30mins or til skewer comes out clean.

No comments: