Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Sweet Corn Bread


Saw another interesting recipe from MyMindPatch, Sweet Corn Bread! My boy adore corn, steamed cup corn, corn sushi, corn cob etc. Thus I decided to try and bake this for him.

Instead of fresh corn, I used frozen corn, with fingers crossed, hopefully I won't compromise the texture. Quite a straight forward recipe and I used my old blender that used to be blending baby food for them. Seeing the blender, it seems like yday I was still preparing purée for my 2 Angels.

Bread is slightly soft but chewy texture, with a hint of sweetness from the corn. I personally feel that it is not bad, good to eat on its own.

Sweet Corn Bread (adapted from MyMindPatch)
70g Corn kennels
90g Milk
20g Condensed Milk
35g Beaten Egg
30g Raw Sugar
1/4tsp Salt
30g Butter
230g Bread Flour
15g Cake Flour
1/2tsp Yeast

1) Blend corn kennels, milk & condensed milk. Pour into Breadmaker tin. 
2) Add Egg, Sugar, Salt, Egg followed by Flour. Yeast in the center of flour.
3) Sweet bread menu 6 and let the breadmaker do its work. Take bread out once done to cool before slicing.

No comments: