Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Peanuts, Lotus Root & Chicken Feet with Pork Ribs Soup


The other day, quite a while back, on 三菜一汤, the artist was cooking those double-boiled soup. My aunt gave me a task, which is to replicate the flavour of the 炖汤. Cos my dad is a Cantonese and he is really good with it.. Cannot throw face lo..

I have been doing homework, seeing all the different recipes and I came up with my own concoction.. Hahah~ I won't say its the best but I feel that it passes my standard and didn't do my dad disgrace.. I use a mixture of Chix wing's last portion that I had leftover from my baked wings, Chicken feets and Pork Ribs... (Only grandma eat Chix feet at home so can not put too much) Using peanuts, dried cuttlefish and some lotus root and I am ready to go...

My 2nd dish - Claypot Tofu


Peanuts, Lotus Root & Chicken Feet with Pork Ribs Soup
200g Pork Ribs
5 Pair Chicken Feets
Leftover Chix wings last joint
150g Peanuts, soaked and washed with hot water
1 small portion of Lotus Root, sliced
3 small pc Dried Cuttlefish
Some salt to taste

1) Par boil the pork ribs and chicken parts. Drain and put aside.
2) Prepare about 2.5-3l of water, add in above ingredients except salt and bring to boil. Simmer over low heat for about 2-3hrs.
3) Add salt to taste. Serve warm.

No comments: