Thursday, September 19, 2013

Home-made Yong Tau Foo


I bought mini tau pok and green chilli over the weekend, thinking of making Yong Tau Foo for steamboat dinner. End up plans changed and I was still fretting what to do with them. Finally, I decided to cook Sweet & Spicy Yong Tau Foo for dinner and use them up b4 it turns bad.




I mixed minced meat with the Sato Fish paste, add some seasoning and wrap my Tau Pok and Green Chilli. Yummy. Fry them my favourite style and I am ready to gobble up 1 bowl of rice!


Home-made Yong a Tau Foo
1pkt Green Chilli
1box mini Tau Pok
1box Sato Fish Paste
100g Minced Meat
1tsp Sesame Oil
Pepper
1tsp CornFlour

Sweet & Spicy Sauce - 1Tbsp Oyster Sauce, 2tsp Sambal Chilli, 2Tbsp Tomato Sauce, 1/2cup water + cornstarch to thicken.

1) Cut Tau Pok and overturn them into little pockets. Cut and remove Chilli seeds, leave aside.
2) Mix fish paste & minced meat, add seasoning above and mix well. Wrapped into tau Pok and chilli.
3) Heat oil and deep fried tau pok and chilli til 80% cooked. 
4) Fry garlic in oil til fragrance, add in the sauce above and fry til boiling. Add in cornstarch, thicken and serve warm.

HAPPY MID-AUTUMM FESTIVAL!

No comments: