Monday, June 3, 2013

Chiffon Poison!!


I think I have caught the chiffon poison lately. Been baking a lot of chiffon using the 烫面 method. Think I really like the chiffon made from this method as it is not so dry and more spongy and moist. Still looking around for the perfect recipe that both hubby and me will like cos hubby likes the recipe from Kitchen 70s and I liked the one from Happy Flour. So today, the 3rd recipe I am trying out is from Wens Delight. 


It is supposed to be cream cheese matcha marble chiffon, and since it require to boil and melt the cream cheese and butter before adding the flour, I supposed it is also considered '烫面' method?? Hahaha~ Anyway I added 1tsp of Pandan paste to it as hubby still like chiffon in Pandan flavour. Traditional man huh.. 

I like this recipe, the slight saltish taste from the cream cheese brings out the flavour for the Pandan chiffon. But I unmould straight out of oven and it causes the cake to shrink very fast, resulting in a waistline for the cake. my chiffon also not tall.. sad =( Luckily never affect the texture of the cake. Yummy!!


Cream Cheese Pandan Chiffon (adapted from Wens Delight)
30g Butter
70g  Milk *i replace with whipping cream as wanna use up my whip cream*
65g Cream Cheese
4 yolks
1/4tsp salt *omit*
75g Cake Flour
1/4tsp Baking Powder
1tsp Pandan paste 

4 Whites
90g sugar
1/8tsp Cream of tartar *omit*

1) Melt butter, cream cheese and whipping cream. Mix well.. 
2) Whisk in egg yolks, Pandan paste, followed by flour & baking powder.
3) Beat egg whites and sugar til stiff peaks. Fold in 1/3 to batter then pour remaining to egg whites.
4) Bake at 170deg for 40-45mins


No comments: