Thursday, May 30, 2013

First try on 烫面(Tang Mian) Chiffon


This few days has been quite 'low' for me as a few issues just pop up 1 by 1. Very sian, tired and didn't really have good moods. Been having different mood swings... So after seeing a fellow baker baked her marble chiffon and Angela who tried the Tang Mian method, I decided to combine both versions I saw. Lol~

Impromptu decision and I went to google for a recipe and so I settle for this from Happy Flour and make a marbled version - Strawberry & Orange. I was lazy and I used my microwave to heat up the butter & milk. It was quite fast, and easy just that you need to have an extra steps of warming up the butter & milk. *oh, I replaced the coconut milk for milk as I wasn't making pandan flavour*

This recipe is very soft, moist and nice. I really love this texture. Not as dry as the usual method and I really liked it. Yummy.. The swirls really brighten my day up. And I cooked my fav - Black Pepper Pork with Golden Mushroom!!


Marble Chiffon (adapted from Happy Flour)
5 whites
85g sugar *i use 70g*
1/2tsp cream of tartar *i omit*

5 yolks
1/2 tsp strawberry paste
1/2 tsp orange paste
70ml milk
50g melted butter
90g Cake Flour *i use plain flour*

1) Melt butter in microwave. Then stir in milk and heat up to small bubbles forming
2) Whisk in flour. Then add in yolk.
3) I separate the batter into 2 and added the paste respectively
4) Beat whites into stiff peaks. Fold 1/3 of whites into the 2 batter, giving half to each.
Fold in remaining whites, half to each batter. 
5) Put batter 1 at a time, adding in 2 additions.
6) Bake at 175deg for 40-45mins

No comments: