Monday, December 3, 2012

24兩白吐司 by Carol





Can't even remember when was the was the last time I baked a loaf if bread as I was either too busy with my boy's birthday cake prep or trying our different cakes or pastries. This recipe from Carol has been on my to-do list for the longest time possible. So, I decided to 'drag' myself to the kitchen even after texting my hubby to buy a loaf of bread. Immed, texted him not to buy and ran to the kitchen to try 2 of her recipe, 24兩白吐司 & also a pizza recipe. (Shall blog about the pizza in a separate post)
Anyway, I simply love tis recipe. First, it is easy to mix it up to a dough if you follow close enough. Secondly, it is not sticky to handle after 1st proof for shaping. And most important, it uses lesser sugar than the previous recipe I am using. Lol.
So, I had my food critics at home to try. Hubby says 'Mmmm.....' The kids love it and my older gal says 'Mummy, today your bread so nice le' (erm, I wonder if its due to many weeks without home- baked bread and that makes me guilty) My grandma says it taste like store-bought. Oh, I can fly to bed and laugh in my dreams!! I didn't regret dragging my feets to the kitchen though the weather today makes me so lazy and on top the fact tt I still wasn't well yet.

24兩白吐司 (adapt from Carol)
*i halve the recipe for a 300g plain loaf and 200g butter sugar loaf*
270g Bread Flour
30g Wholemeal Flour
1tsp salt
1tsp yeast
10g sugar
15g butter
150g milk
1 egg

1) Mix all dry ingredients. Add in egg and milk. Mix into dough
2) Add in butter and continue to beat til dough is smooth and elastic 
3) Dough should reach membrane stage. Proof for 50-60min
4) Divide and shape dough according to preference. Proof another 50-60mins
5) Bake at 210deg for 40-42mins
*I bake at 200deg for 30mins for my mini loaf*