Monday, July 16, 2012

Finally.. Oreo Hokkaido Chiffon

Finally had the chance to really make this but the end results, it depends on individual. My aunt who said that she had it once when she saw it in the bakery, claimed that it was too dry and not nice. Me, on the other hand had been seeing my FB Baking Kakis baking them. So nice looking little chiffon cakes, I really must put my hands down to it.
I took the recipe from one of my friend, another passionate baker cum SAHM. Glad that I tried it cos both my aunt who didnt like Hokkaido cake, had 3 of it straight and Hubby had 2 at 1 go. But my cousins, didnt really like custard, not a lover of cream actually. I, myself also like it, but felt tt with a bit more custard would be better. =) So, here it is.

Hokkaido Chiffon (Source from Dequeen Kitchen)
You will need:
(A)
4 egg yolks
50ml oil(i used canola)
60ml milk
70g cake flour
3 Oreo Biscuits, removed fillings and crushed
(B)
4 egg whites
60g sugar
The Preparation:
Sift flour.
Whisk the yolks lightly and add in the wet ingredients in (A) followed by flour till well mixed.
Beat egg whites till foamy with electric whisk and add in sugar gradually,beat till soft peaks formed.
Fold in 1/3 of egg white mixture into yolk mixture. Then slowly fold in the rest until well mixed,do not deflate the egg white mixture.
Fold in the crushed Oreo at this point gently.
Pour into square cake cases.
The Baking:
Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20-25 minutes.
Remove from oven cool on wire rack.
When cake is completely cooled,pipe in custard cream and dust with icing sugar.

For the Custard Cream:
120ml whipped cream
2 teaspoon custard powder
20g icing sugar

Put all ingredients in a bowl.
Whisk till stiff peaks.
Ready to use.



No comments: